Botswana Highlights Safari
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeMobile Camping
Activity Level Leisurely
This is the ultimate Botswana mobile camping journey. Over eight adventure-filled nights you will have the opportunity to experience four of Botswana’s most prized regions, from the renowned Chobe and Savute to the game-filled Okavango Delta and the dramatic scenery of the Nxai Pans National Park, you will be truly spoilt for choice at the many highlights these destinations have to offer. This tour has been carefully created to coincide with the arrival of the zebra migration in the Nxai Pans and travels from February to April (the regions rainy season and best time to travel). Here, you will also have the opportunity to see bountiful wildlife, which are drawn to the replenished waterholes that dot the landscape. In addition to the dome tents that will be your home throughout your journey, you will also stay for two nights in the spacious &Beyond Savute Under Canvas tents when visiting the Savute leg of your tour. As an added delight you also have the option to include the Victoria Falls onto your itinerary.
- Elephant (large concentrations in the Chobe and Savute)
- Lion (large prides can be seen in the Savute)
- African wild dogLeopard
- Spotted hyena
- Antelopes such as sable, puku (Chobe is the only destination to see this rare animal), Chobe bushbuck, kudu and klipspringer
- Plains game such as wildebeest and giraffe
- Zebra migration (seasonal in the Nxai Pans)
- Bat-eared fox
- Game drives
- Private boat cruises
Day 1 - 2
Chobe National Park
Your journey begins at Kasane Airport where you will meet your private guide who will accompany you throughout your adventure. Your guide will then drive you to a secluded camp site in Chobe National Park, where you will spend two nights. Chobe National Park is home to thrilling action-packed wildlife interactions and the largest concentration of elephants in Africa. Here you can embark on thrilling game drives and enjoy a spectacular private boat cruise on the Chobe River. Experience unforgettable game drives and private boat cruises on the Chobe River.
Day 3 - 4
The next leg of your tour will be a game drive transfer into the beautiful Savute area of the Chobe National Park. Here, surrounded by pristine wilderness, you will spend two nights where your accommodation will change from the standard dome tent to a more spacious Meru-style tent. The area is known for its large prides of lion, African wild dog, leopard and spotted hyena that prowl the landscape in search of prey. Adventures in the Savute include game drives and the opportunity to see volcanic outcrops and Bushmen paintings.
Day 5 - 6
After exploring the Savute, you will embark on a scenic game drive to the glorious Okavango Delta for a two night stay, where you will be spoilt for choice with the assortment of excellent wildlife sightings in the area. This particular region of the Delta offers some of the best wildlife encounters where you can see lion, leopard, African wild dog, kudu, elephant, semi-aquatic lechwe, hippo and giraffe.
Day 7 - 8
Nxai Pan National Park
On the final leg of your journey you will be flown to Maun where you will be collected by vehicle and driven to the dramatic landscapes of the glorious Nxai Pans, where breathtaking vast open spaces, with desert-like pans, await. During the rainy season, this area bursts into life and invites various animals, including the aweinspiring zebra migration, to congregate around its waterholes. During your two night stay at the delightful Nxai Pans National Park you will encounter dramatic landscapes that draw lion, plains game, brown hyena and the annual zebra migration during the rainy season. Adventures include game drives, stargazing and an opportunity to venture to the magnificent cluster of giant baobabs in the area.
One of the main draw cards to selecting Safari Trends Botswana as your next adventure is the rustic and comfortable mobile camping accommodation.
- Enjoy fully serviced mobile camping. By this we mean that you can expect the renowned &Beyond service during your adventure such as a butler, housekeeper and chefs who prepare the most scrumptious pan African menus.
- Accommodation is in spacious expedition dome tents (4 metres x 4 metres in size), comfortable beds, ensuite bathroom (3 metres x 3 metres in size), separate w.c. and hot bucket shower.
- The mobile camp boasts three ensuite safari tents.
- As this is the quintessential African safari experience there is no electricity in camps, but cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices can be charged on the safari vehicle.